Submit your own story about voting in the Scottish independence referendum
The QESB invites and welcomes your personal account of the Scottish independence referendum. This is a once in a lifetime vote, and we want to capture the stories behind the results.
We don’t have any money to study this topic, but if you will donate your time by telling us your stories we will repay the favour by studying your stories in our own time and post our findings on our QESB YouTube channel to give back what you have so generously donated.
Here are our questions:
1) Did you vote Yes or No?
2) When did you make up your mind? (years ago, months ago, weeks ago, days ago)
3) Why did you vote the way you did? (which feelings, policies, ideas or principles were most important when you came to your decision)
4) Looking back, were there any moments in the campaign that stick out to you as important to your decision?
5) When you went to cast your vote did it take much time? Was it a positive or a negative experience?
For those submitting after the results are announced:
6) How do you feel about the final result?
7) Given the result, how do you feel about Scotland’s future (e.g. optimistic, pessimistic, cautious, uncertain)
8) If you were to make a sign for all politicians in the UK to read, what would your sign say?
How you can answer:
Record yourself talking and then upload a video (public or unlisted) to YouTube and send us an email at drkmwinters[at]gmail.com
Record your answer on your phone and send us the sound file an email at drkmwinters[at]gmail.com
Write your answers in an email and send us an email at drkmwinters[at]gmail.com
Or fill in the form here:
By submitting your story to us, we assume you have read and agreed to the follow:
- I agree to take part in the project and I understand that my taking part is voluntary.
- I understand my details such as name or email will not be revealed to anyone except Drs. Kristi Winters and Edzia Carvalho or their assistants to preserve my anonymity and confidentiality.
- I agree for the data I provided to be archived at the UK Data Archive and I understand that other researchers will only use data that preserves my anonymity and confidentiality.
- I understand that my words may be quoted in publications, reports, web pages, and other research outputs but my name or other identifying details will not be used.
- I hereby assign the copyright of my contribution to Dr. Kristi Winters, so that my words may be quoted and used in publications, reports, web pages, and other research outputs.
- I confirm that I have freely agreed to participate in this qualitative research project conducted by Drs. Winters and Carvalho